Nearly all Lincolnshire children receive first choice primary school

  Posted: 16.04.21 at 09:35 by The Editor

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section



The vast majority of Lincolnshire children, 99%, have been offered a place at one of their preferred primary schools this year.

Lincolnshire County Council says there are around 7,000 children wanting a primary school place this year, and 6,745 (95.39%) children will receive their first preference school. This is an increase on last year's impressive 94.19% and 2019's 95.02%.

A further 334 children (3.31%) have been offered their second preference, and 33 (0.47%) their third preference. A small minority of children, 58 (0.83%), will be offered a local school that isn’t one of their three preferences.

The vast majority of parents/carers will receive an e-mail containing a secure link to their offer letter on 16 April – go to http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/schooladmissions for further information.

Parents have until noon on 17 May 2021 to lodge an appeal against a school's decision not to offer a place. If they return the appeal by the deadline, it will be heard before the start of the school year. If it is received late, it will still be heard, but this may be in September.

Because of appeals and movement on the reserve list, it is usual for the percentage of first preference to increase by the time children start in September.

Martin Smith, assistant director for education, said: “I'm delighted to see so many children getting their first choice school and this should be even better by September. It's always our intention to support as many parents as possible with their preferences, and, yet again this year, the overwhelming majority of parents have been successful in gaining admission to the school of their choice.”

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
Eight Covid-19 cases were recorded in South Kesteven today and again no deaths. The number compares with 14 cases last Thursday, leading to a decli...
Read more...

Share: